Danny’s StoryKID was founded by the parents of Danny Keysar who was killed in a recalled portable crib in 1998. Read Danny's Story.
Follow KID on Facebook
- YOU SEARCH OR SHOP... WE GIVE!Raise money for Kids In Danger just by searching the web and shopping online!
Category Archives: cpsc; safety warning
Today, Kids In Danger (KID) released an analysis of data from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) that shows that high-powered magnets continue to be a safety risk to children. From toddlers to teens, children who swallow two or more magnets are at risk of developing serious injuries such as small holes in the stomach and intestines, intestinal blockage, blood poisoning, and even death. Removing magnets surgically often requires the repair ... Read more
In 2005 Kenny died when he swallowed magnets that had fallen out unnoticed from his siblings' Magnetix building set. Over time these and other toys with small magnets were recalled and new toy standards were developed to address the hazard. Now toys cannot have magnetic components that can be swallowed, and craft and science kits for older children have to be clearly labeled with the risk. Even the brand new children’s jewelry standard has warnings ... Read more
In early 2002, 2 month old Andy died when he suffocated on the sleep positioner in his crib. His parents joined with KID to alert parents to the dangers of these unnecessary products. Then, in April 2010, Preston died the same way. In September 2010 the CPSC and FDA publicly warned against their use. The agencies are aware of at least 13 deaths involving this product -- bought by parents thinking it would keep their child safe.After the warning ... Read more
Friday, CPSC took the unusual step of issuing a unilateral warning about a product after the manufacturer refused to participate in a recall. As their warning and video show, the phil&ted's metoo clip-on chair appears to pose a real danger to children. The clamping system can fail, causing falls for the occupant. In addition, if just one clamp comes loose, the child's fingers can be lacerated or even amputated as the chair tilts down and catches ... Read more
CPSC, FDA, AAP and KID all say -- don't use sleep positioners. They are an unnecessary risk and provide no safety protection. CPSC cited 12 deaths, including 2 this year, in issuing the warning. ... Read more
In January 2002, 8 week old Andy Sage died -- not from SIDS as the medical examiner thought at first, but from suffocating on a sleep positioner. Andy turned his head down toward the cushion of the positioning device and suffocated. Since that day his parents, Judy and Mark Sage, have worked tirelessly to alert others to this danger. You can read Andy's story in our Family Voices website.Judy joined the board of Kids In Danger, joined ASTM International ... Read more