KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- Together with other advocates, KID marks the 10th anniversary of the landmark Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act.
- KID marks the 10th Anniversary of Danny’s Law with Congressional Representatives Rush & Schakowsky and other child safety advocates.
- KID & other groups call for more action from IKEA and CPSC on second anniversary of massive furniture recall
- KID joins other consumer groups to call for more action on dangerous incline sleepers
View all News
- Manhattan Toy Recalls Toy Planes Due to Choking Hazard
- JCPenney Recalls Okie Dokie Denim Patches Shortie Shorts Due to Choking Hazard
- Allura Recalls Children’s Sleepwear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- Jané Recalls Strollers Due to Violation of the Federal Stroller and Carriage Safety Standard; Entrapment and Strangulation Hazards
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.