KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID joins other consumer groups to call for more action on dangerous incline sleepers
- KID marks 20th anniversary and honors co-founders at 2018 Best Friend Award Night
- KID joins with CFA to call for more action on deadly & unstable IKEA recalled dressers
- Consumer groups call for more action after an eighth death from recalled IKEA dressers is announced
- Jané Recalls Strollers Due to Violation of the Federal Stroller and Carriage Safety Standard; Entrapment and Strangulation Hazards
- Porsche Recalls Toy Cars Due to Choking Hazard
- Play and Park Structures Recalls Playground Slides Due to Entrapment Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Tobi Recalls Babynest Crib Bumpers Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively Online at babybay.us (Recall Alert)
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.