Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents, caregiver, or a state inspector who visited the home just eight days before Danny’s death.
To date, 19 children have died in cribs of similar faulty design. And portable cribs are just one of the myriad children’s products that may prove to be dangerous.
Interested in learning more about Kids In Danger?
Click here to request a copy of our press kit which includes press releases, recent research, sample newsletter, etc.
- 2011 Mar 11 — Important Consumer Tool Launched Today
- 2011 Mar 07 — Moving towards Safety
- 2010 Dec 15 — New Mandatory Crib Standards
- 2010 Jul 22 — CPSC Chair Tenenbaum visits Chicago, promotes recall effectiveness tools
- 2010 Mar 29 — KID releases new report on 2009 recalls
- Leading by Example — Convene Magazine, the magazine of the Professional Convention Management Association
- 2001 April 11 — Book takes unsafe baby products, firms to task — USA Today
- 2000 Nov — Children’s Products and Risk — The Atlantic Monthly
- 1998 Nov/Dec —Silent Recall — Mother Jones magazine
- 1998 Nov — How Danny Died — Chicago Magazine
- 2002 Feb — Why are so many children killed or injured by unsafe products? — Chicago Parent Magazine