Jamie’s Story

Jamie

Jamie was entrapped between a too small mattress and mattress support of his crib. He was 11 months old.

Submitted by his mother, Shauna

Jamie passed away in a Cosco Crib. The mattress included with the crib was not standard size and wasn’t thick enough. Instead of a spring frame there were metal bars that were spaced too far apart and Jamie’s weight pushed the mattress though the bars and strangled our son.

There is not enough attention focused on our children’s products and we will miss our Jamie (Buddy) forever. There is nothing or anyone who will ever replace “our buddy” Jamie.

For more information, check out: Product Hazards/Cribs